BlogHeader

Aug 3, 2014

My Journey | Hot Rollers + Mini Review

Today I tried the Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Jumbo And Super Jumbo Hair Setter with Super Clips for the first time. I bought them off of the recommendation of itsjudytime (One of those times where YouTube made me do it! Haha). I bought them off of Amazon when they were on sale for $17.99 earlier this week.


I know using hot rollers is sort of a learn-as-you-go sort of thing and I didn't expect a great look the first time. I was really curious and had nowhere to go today so I put them in.

As soon as you plug it in it starts heating up. Make sure that all the rollers are in there snuggly.

It took me around 15 minutes to put them in. Most of this time I was fumbling to place them correctly and not burn my fingers. The rollers were actually very hot and kind of hurt my fingers. Also, when I put them in they were really hot on my ears and neck. I actually dropped a few rollers on the floor because they were so hot.

The box says they warm up in 85 minutes and I left them to warm up for about three minutes. I eventually started taking the rollers out to cool down a bit before I used them and that seemed to help but I'm not sure if that will effect how well they work.

Today was also a really hot day; I think it was 90 degrees Fahrenheit so having hot rollers in wasn't very comfortable. I was planning on keeping them in for 20 minutes but it was so uncomfortably hot that I took them out after 10 minutes (which is the recommended time).

I know my hair and I know what it's like so I figured that I needed to leave them in for a really long time but I didn't. I should have at least left them in until they were cool but I didn't. :(

There were some results when I took them out. It looked really soft and natural with lots of volume.  I knew they wouldn't last; my hair was still hot when I let it down so I knew they would fall. I still liked the look though. It was what I was going for.


Here's me natural faced with some wavy, volumized hair. It didn't last long and I eventually put it in a ponytail.


It looked like this. I liked that it still gave my hair some volume and wave to spice up my ponytail. Thanks for coming with me on this journey! ~ Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment