BlogHeader

Aug 29, 2014

Beauty Schooled | August 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Overview

Hi! So I have been subscribed to Ipsy for over a year now. I started back in May of 2013 as a birthday present to myself and I have been happy to receive a monthly bag of makeup to my door.


Skip this paragraph if you don't need any of my Glam Bag background...
This is my first time sharing my Glam Bag on my blog so I'm going to explain a few things. First things first, I don't love everything I get in my bags and sometimes I don't use what I get. If I know someone will enjoy it more than I do then I will give it to them. I have thrown away a product and didn't even try it. I also don't force myself to use or even try the products as soon as I get them. Sometimes I don't even try them until the next month. That said I use Ipsy to expand my makeup universe and I am open to trying almost anything. I'm not going to focus on my past experience with Ipsy, this is just an overview of this bag. 

Starting with the polka dot bag... I love the bag! It came to me a little squished and sad looking from the mail but with some time to breathe it looks cute. I keep all the bags I get and I use them for different purposes.

You might notice I have six items this month, that is because I cashed in some of my IpsyPoints to get a sample of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. I was a little bummed when I didn't get it a few months back so when I saw that they were offering it for only 500 points instead of the usual 1000 I jumped on it! 


The eye shadow palette colors were not ideal (there were many color options) but I do like to smudge some blue on my lower lash line now and then, plus I enjoy Costal Scents eye shadow so this will be a nice, small palette to reach for. However, I've seen this brand a few times in my bag and I would like to see something else. Also, I have placed a Costal Scents order recently and I got the same sample in a different color for free. 

I was really excited to receive the mascara! It's newly released and I really enjoy trying mascaras. I have tried this a couple times already and I can tell I already like it! I was hoping I wouldn't because of how expensive it is... I think I will review it on here soon. My one problem is that I have received a mascara is my past three bags, I would like to see a bit more variety.   

The lip balm seems average. It smells and tastes good and it does the job.

I haven't tried the dry shampoo yet but it seems promising. I have sprayed it in the air and didn't notice any weird smell or any other red flags. I find it hard to try things like dry shampoo for the first time before I have somewhere to be. What is it's a total disaster?! I am excited to try it though!

I also have not tried the highlighter or blush or whatever it is. I have swatched it and it seems really pretty. It does lean toward the highlighter side but it's subtle and doesn't have chucks of glitter in it. It gives a nice sheen. I don't wear highlighter everyday, I don't even own one but I have been wanting to try one so I'm glad I got it. 

I was missing the little card they usually send you so I hope I didn't miss any announcements or offers. 

I did really enjoy this months bag; I thought it had great variety and I think I will get good use out of everything in the bag. I was a little bummed I didn't receive some of the other items but there are coupons and offers for the items I missed out on so I could buy them if I wanted. I really wish they had an Urban Decay offer this month... all the other brands do.

In case you were curious here are the products I didn't get:



I paid $10 and the value of my bag is around $27.24
Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Sample $0
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara $5.50
Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner $5.50
Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk $8.99
Manna Kadar Cosmetics Sheer Glo $7.25

If you want to join Ipsy here is my referral link:  http://www.ipsy.com/r/7bhk

If anything is worth a mention or a review you should hear from it again. Thank you for stopping by! ~Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment