BlogHeader

Aug 5, 2014

My Journey | Hot Rollers Part II

Hello all! This is the second par of the journey in trying to master hot rollers (Check out part one here). I'm still using the Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Jumbo And Super Jumbo Hair Setter with Super Clips, this is just my second time trying to use them.

This time I was going to an all day, special event and I wanted to do something nice with my hair quickly. It only took me about eight minutes to put all the rollers in my hair this time. I wasn't wasting a lot of time fumbling with really hot rollers this time because I only waited the recommended 85 minutes for them to warm up. I also used my trick where I would remove rollers two at a time from the heaters so that way they weren't too hot when I put them in.

It was a lot easier than last time to place them and set my hair. I gave them around 15 minutes to cool down completely in my hair as I got ready. When I carefully unrolled my hair I twisted the curls away from my face to define and guide them how I wanted them to look.

The only ones that turned out kind of funky where the ones around my face. They had little creases by the root (I ended up smoothing these parts out with a straightener). I think that this was user error because I didn't put them in right so I'll be more careful next time.

I ended up with a really wavy, volumized look that was much more tamed and polished than the last time. As you can see, the top layer of my hair wasn't curled too well but I had volume. I think this happened because I used the larger rollers on the top. You can also see that the right side of my hair doesn't look as curled. I started with that side of my head first so maybe that had something to do with it.



On this day I was pretty active in the 95 degree weather, I played ran around with my friend's dog, played tennis, barbecued, and stayed out around 12 hours. The curls lasted quite a long time with some hair spray. I used Tresemme TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray

Around four hours into my day I noticed that my curls were falling quite a bit so I put my hair in a bun and when I took it out I noticed that my hair had got some of it's shape back. I did this trick a few times during the day if I felt I wanted to put my hair up. After 12 hours of fun my hair still had some volume and slight wave.

All in all this was a good test of these hot rollers and I see myself using them again. Thanks for coming with me on this journey! ~Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment