BlogHeader

Jun 30, 2014

My Journey | Winged Liner

It's going to be a long road. I've been determined to work on my winged liner for so long and today that journey begins. I want so badly to be able to do a fabulous winged liner because I love the way it looks on others.

I finally purchased a black liquid liner after doing tons of research on which one would work best for me. I settled on the L'Oreal Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Liner. I like that it is drug store, that it is a very dark black, that it has a gip on it, that it is felt-tip, and I've heard it was noob friendly.

I decided to use this info graphic I found on Pinterest as a guide and tried to follow it as best as I could.


I had to restart one time because I wasn't sure how much pressure to put on the liner, not a lot is the answer. I also had to use a qtip with one end dipped in makeup remover and the other end dipped in water. (My makeup remover is oil based so I use the water to clean up the residue and then pat dry with a bit of tissue)

My eyes are slightly different shapes so it was hard to get my wings to look even. After a bit of tweaking I got them to look at least like sisters, not twins. Haha. Oh well!

I also used the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Water Proof Kohl Liner in black to tight line my upper lash line and to fill in any gaps (I was too afraid to go back in with the liquid liner).

All in all I'm pretty happy with how my winged liner turned out. I need more practice to clean up my method and also to make the process faster. The liner part of my routine took almost 10 minutes! That's crazy for me.

I hope I can get better at this so I can keep reporting back with my progress. Thanks for stopping by ~Alissa




No comments:

Post a Comment