BlogHeader

Jun 29, 2014

For Rachel | How I Stop/Reduce Razor Bumps

I'm the type of girl that has to shave her legs every other day. With all that shaving I have to take precautions to not get those unsightly, sometimes painful razor bumps. At least once a week I do some simple steps before and after shaving my legs.

Before Shaving:
Change your razor: if your razor gets dull you should change it. You aren't doing your legs any favors by shaving with a dull blade. I'm not picky about my razors but I don't go for the super cheap ones anymore and I have noticed an improvement.
Exfoliate: in the shower I use my sugar body scrub from Target (I also like the ones from the Body Shop) to exfoliate my legs. I rise thoroughly because it can leave a residue. I think this is the key to keeping razor bumps at bay.


Shaving Creme: Or conditioner if you prefer. This helps you pre-moisturize your legs and you can get a closer shave. I also use this as a lazy way to remember where I have shaven.

After Shaving:
Moisturize: instead of using your usual lotion try using a body butter (I like the ones from the Body Shop) to really soothe your legs after all that torture.

And that's it! You do not have to do this every day but I usually do this the most during the summer and usually on the weekends or before a big event or trip.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week. ~Alissa

P.S. Today is the last day for the Body Shop's big SALE (online only June 29th)! Go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment