BlogHeader

Jun 26, 2014

Mid-day Makeup Touch Ups

I don't know about you, but around 3 o'clock in the afternoon I find myself needing to look in a mirror to check on my makeup. There are days where I do my makeup so that nothing can mess it up and it will look flawless all day; however, on low key days I like to keep it simple and I don't do all my steps for long lasting makeup.

On my low key days I usually need to touch up at least once and when those low key days turn into a night out I need to do an extreme touchup to insure I can go the distance.

Some of my favorite touch up products to use are:
A powder compact
An optional travel size kabuki brush to go with the powder
Blotting sheets
Tinted lip balm
Q tips
Some cool/weird clear, jelly finisher stuff (I'll explain!)

The powder compact I was using was the Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder, it's not the best powder ever but it comes in a compact with a mirror and a usable sponge (so I don't have to carry my kabuki which I got from Target).


I have tried a lot of blotting sheets, they are my favorite touch up tool! I like the up&up Oil Absorbing Sheets, they work just as well as the Clean & Clear ones but are cheaper. Don't waste your time with the e.l.f. ones, they suck! I have to use three sheets to do the job of one up&up sheet. If you are in a pinch use napkins, paper towel, or even toilet seat covers (unused of course).


By mid-day I have dry lips so the last thing I want to do is reapply a lipstick over that mess. I love using a tinted lip balm because it gives my lips some color while hydrating them. This also helps me keep all my lip products from pilling up in my purse. I love the Maybelline® Baby Lips® Moisturizing Lip Balm in Cheery Me. It goes with everything and is nicely pigmented.


For eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick smudges I carry plain old q tips. Pointed ones are nice too.

This has to be one of the best things I have discovered for my oily skin! The Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender and the Covergirl TruMagic Mini Skin Perfector have changed my life! They make my skin look completely matte without looking like I added extra product. I don't even carry powder anymore! However, be careful because both of these can make you look dry if you use too much.



I have a little makeup bag that is convenient to move between purses and backpacks. I can fit all this in that bag plus a tiny hair brush, roller ball perfume, nail file (I hate when your nail brakes and you're stuck with a jagged mess for the rest of the day!), hand sanitizer, and hand creme. Sometimes I'll carry my lip product of the day or maybe a lip stain. I also have an even smaller makeup bag (around Ipsy size) for smaller bags that can hold a condensed version.

I'll do a separate post for day to night touch ups since it is a pretty long topic. Thanks for reading! ~Alissa


No comments:

Post a Comment