BlogHeader

Jun 27, 2014

Better Habits: Display Your Beauty Products

About a year ago I couldn't go into a store without buying something beauty related. I loved trying new things and I was beginning to lose track of what I had. I started buying things that were similar to things I already had.

Another problem was that I stopped appreciating the things I already owned. I spent a lot of money on stuff and then just kept buying without giving my old stuff any attention.

One way that I combated this was to make my collection viewable. I made my beauty related stuff like a display, like decorations in my room; not tucked away in a drawer.

I bought clear organizers for my makeup on Hautelook (I've also seen similar stuff at TJ Maxx)
I bought I letter organizer for my palettes from TJ Maxx
I also bought a clear over the door shoe organizer for my nail polish off of amazon.
I bought a cute tray to display my perfumes from TJ Maxx
I used recycled Bath and Body Works candle jars to put my brushes in
I also used candle jars for my longer lip products
I bought a cart at Target for my bathroom beauty stuff (bath stuff, masks, hair products, etc.)

(I will do a separate post on organization with pictures and such so stay tuned!)

All this was relatively inexpensive and I don't just do this with my beauty stuff. My sunglasses collection and hair bow collections are also on display; along with most of my jewelry.

I realized having things in view everyday helped me appreciate them more. I was able to see them a reach for them when I wanted. I was also more aware of what I had so that if I did go shopping I wasn't buying anything too similar to something I already owned.

This system also helped me me realize what I have too much of whether it was blue nail polish, red lip products, neutral eye shadows, or whatever. I know what I have, I know what I have too much of, and I know what I need more of.

Since I implemented this system I don't spend as much money as I did and I feel like my shopping is more efficient. This is one of the best things I've done to curb my makeup obsession and I hope it helps you out too.

Thanks for reading ~Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment