BlogHeader

Jun 18, 2014

For Rachel: Night Skin Care

Dear Rachel,
Time to wash away a long day! This is the time to give your skin some extra TLC and prepare it for the next day. A lot of the steps are similar to the Morning Skin Care but there are some differences that I will stress.

Step 1: Remove your makeup. I already did a post on this so refer to that. :)

Step 2: Cleanse. Because you are going to sleep you can use a stronger cleanser at night. This means you can use an extra moisturizing one or one that has some serum in it that can work in your skin over night. I just use a different gentle cleanser because I haven't fallen in love with a stronger one yet.

Step 3 (Optional): Exfoliate. I use a finer scrubs at night. I find that they buff away all the dirt and makeup left on my skin. I like: derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub and Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Polish. If you're going to exfoliate make sure to use toner.

Step 4 (Optional): Face Mask. Because you are going to sleep you can use a mask over night. Not all masks are made to be used over night so read the directions. I prefer to use either a peel or sheet mask. Sheet masks have great liquids that get absorbed in your skin while you have the mask on and it also leaves some behind after. You can get sheet masks almost anywhere are they're usually cheap.

Step 5: Tone. Just like in the morning you should use toner on a cotton pad a sweep this across your face. I use this step to see if I had done a good job of cleansing my face. If I see a lot of gunk on my cotton pad after this step I know that I should have cleansed better and keep that in mind for next time. I like: Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Refreshing Toner with some exfoliating cotton pads. Let this sink in before moving on to the next step.

Step 6 (Optional): Blemish control: If you have some troublesome acne you want to treat do this now. I especially like doing this at night. I use: Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment. Wait for this to sink in before moving on.

Step 7 (Optional): Exfoliate lips. There are many different ways to do this. I like to dampen a a wash cloth and rub my lips or use a lip scrub. You can also use a tooth brush if you're in a pinch. For a lip scrub you can make your own or I buy mine from LUSH: LUSH Bubble Gum lip scrub.

Step 8: Moisturize. Again, this is the most important step. Always moisturize your face. You can use a thicker moisturizer and eye cream at night to wake up super plump and hydrated.

All the products I mentioned have worked great for me but they might not do the same for you so feel free to experiment and try out different things. A lot of the steps are optional, do them on a lazy Saturday morning or the day before a big event, so this routine won't take up too much time. Between steps you can brush your teeth or whatever else needs to be done. Have a good time a relax after a long day.

Love,
Alissa :3

No comments:

Post a Comment