BlogHeader

Nov 25, 2012

Welcome the Holidays With Festive Nails


Nail Polish Used: OPI's Natural Nails Base Coat
                            OPI's Bogota Blackberry
                            OPI's Glitzerland
                            OPI's Top Coat

Tools: 2 makeup sponges

Time to Create: 1 hour

Lifetime: 5 days with 1 chip
                6 days with even more chips
                The gold nail polish also seemed to dull. 

    This was the nails I wore to Thanksgiving with my family. I was inspired by a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYGL8V-Ip8&list=UUT8z80a4ESgO2Y4qajk-iXw&index=36&feature=plcp . This girl makes some beautiful designs and you should check her out. Anyway, though this design should be easy to create it took me a while and a few tries to get it looking decent. Honestly, if you want to try out this look then you should practice first. 
    The base color must be completely dry to start sponging on the gold and if the gold is wet and you try to sponge on more it will lift all the polish off so beware. You don't have to wait until the nails are completely dry to put on a top coat because it will help blend the colors if it is still a bit wet. 
    The ox blood color I used is a very nice fall color and I truly recommend it. I have also used the gold the most often out off all my nail polishes. I believe that both colors should be in everyone's collection. I hope you enjoyed this post and have a great Fall! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment