BlogHeader

Jul 29, 2014

Target Beauty Concierge and Findation.com

Hello! Sorry it has been awhile. Life just got really busy all of a sudden... Anyway! I was at Target recently (my favorite place in the world) and I finally got some help from a Target Beauty Concierge.

Sometimes when I go to the beauty isle they come up right away and ask if I need anything or other times they stand somewhere in the isle and wait for people to ask them for help. This time I asked the girl for help and she was very sweet and knowledgeable. She color matched me in a foundation I was looking at and, since that store only had the tester, she looked up other stores that carried it.

The girl was very nice and patient with me as she tried several shades on my face and gave me advice on which one I should get. She also gave me a little card with my foundation color so I wouldn't forget. She wasn't pushy about me buying the product nor did she try to sell me something I didn't want.

My only con is that she opened some brand new bottles of foundation to test on me and didn't label them as testers after we were done. It kinda grossed me out since someone might accidentally buy it.

She was also super sweet to recommend that I try a site called findation.com. She said that they can help you color match yourself to drugstore and high end foundations. Honestly, I would only use this site to match from drugstore to drugstore foundations and high end to drugstore foundations. I just think if you're gonna spend the money on a high end foundation you should get properly color matched at the store.

Anyway! The site works by asking you for the foundations you have already found a match in. They ask for at least 2 matches but you can add more for better accuracy. This site also works for powders; however, I wished they had concealer matches too.



As you can see from the picture, you search your current matches by brand, then product within that brand, then by shade. They don't have every foundation but I was able to find the ones I have.

After you click "Find my matches" it takes you to a separate page where you can see your determined matches in other products.


In the picture you can see some of my matches. You can also filter the products by brand to find your match in a specific product. Like I said, they don't have every foundation, especially super new ones, so don't be too disappointed but I have found that certain brands have a consistent color selections so use that to your advantage.

If you are the type of person who switches foundation shades through the year I would only use this tool with the shades that work for you year round OR only use the shades that match you at the moment and search again when you think you need a different shade.

I would not recommend this page if you only have a shade match in a sheer foundation or BB creme and are searching for your shade in a heavier coverage foundation because that might turn out terrible for obvious reasons. I still recommend that if you are unsure of your shade selection, buy from a store with a good return or exchange policy so you can get your perfect shade.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you try out the site and love what it can do for you! Also the next time you're in Target and need some help don't hesitate to ask the Beauty Concierge if your Target has one. If you're not sure if your local target has a Beauty Concierge try heading over to their website to find one near you! ~ Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment