BlogHeader

Jun 23, 2014

Alissa's Seal of Approval: Revlon Foundations

Note: I GENERALLY love these brands/products and I have had great experience with these but it may not be the same with you.

I have tried many drugstore foundations and some work for me and other's don't. I'm the type of person who does tons of research before buying things so when I buy something I usually like it.

Just some background on my skin: I have VERY oily skin with some occasional dry patches around my mouth. I occasionally have break outs and I have my fair share of acne scars. I also have large pores on my nose and cheeks. 

Anyway! I love lighter foundations with matte finishes. I believe that if you only have minor skin imperfections you don't need a high coverage foundation. Just use a light, comfortable foundation and use concealer to spot conceal. I don't rely on my foundation to do all the work. 


I enjoy Revlon's line of foundation because they always offer a large array of colors and they have something for every skin type. I have tried two foundations from Revlon, I have tried the Revlon ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex for Combination/Oily Skin (they also have a formula for normal to dry skin) and the Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Makeup



I enjoy the Colorstay one the most because it is made for oily skin and keeps my oil under control in all kinds of weather. It is also long lasting and makes my skin look awesome! However it is pretty thick and takes some extra time to apply. This is where the Nearly Naked comes in. It is light weight and really easy to apply. I use the Nearly Naked one when I don't need my makeup to last long or look flawless but I want some coverage. The Nearly Naked one doesn't do much to control my oil but it does have more SPF in it so there are trade offs. 

I do use a primer under my foundation and I also set my makeup with powder. I also do not take the long lasting claims on any product seriously. The Colorstay foundation claims to last 24 hours. I don't believe that nor do I need my foundation to last that long. I always carry touch up tools in my purse like blotting sheets and powder (I have also been liking some other products for touch ups that I will discuss later). If my foundation lasts me from when I apply it in the morning to when I come home from work or school and can handle some touch ups if I decide to go out at night I am a happy camper. 

I have only tried these two foundations because they are the ones that seemed like they would work well with my skin and suited my needs. However, from what I have heard there are a lot of amazing foundations in Revlon's line so it just takes some research to find your foundation soul mate. I highly recommend Revlon foundations if you are new to foundation, especially drugstore foundations, because with a line this good it is hard to mess up.

No comments:

Post a Comment